Project: Water Resources Management in Pyanj River Basin (Additional Financing)
Start date: August 13, 2020
Deadline for submission of documents: August 19, 2020
Source of financing: Asian Development Bank (ADB)
Grants: G0576/G0577 -TAJ
The Republic of Tajikistan has received a Grant from the Asian Development Bank for the implementation of the “Water Resources Management in Pyanj River Basin” Project (Additional Financing). The project aims to improve irrigated agriculture and water resource management (WRM) in the Pyanj River Basin, in southern Tajikistan, and aims to improve the climate resilience of agriculture and the water resources sector. The project will support the modernization of the new Hydromet headquarters operation center including main office building, ancillary buildings, and two mixed-use buildings. Design and supervision services will be engaged for detailed design and system integration, preparation of bidding documents for the modernization of Hydromet’s new operations center. The project will modernize and fit out the currently unfinished office tower and Hydromet headquarters will be relocated to this secure and modernized building.
The Agency for Hydrometeorology is the Executing Agency for the Project.
In order to implement the Project the Executing Agency announces a competition for the position:
The Construction Supervisor will report to the Project Implementation Group Director and will work closely with the project team. The specific responsibilities of the Construction Supervisor includes, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect and approve all material sources identified by the Contractor;
- In cooperation with the international consultant review and approve the Contractor’s implementation schedule and supervise the progress of construction works. The Consultant will keep the Employer informed of any delay or potential delays in the work schedule of the Contract, and will take all necessary actions to prevent potential delays;
- In cooperation with the international consultant regularly monitor and inspect the contractor’s quality control and assurance program to ensure that quality of the finished works meet the contract standards and specifications. This includes regular checking of the materials testing program;
- Convene regular site meetings with the Contractor to discuss issues and problems affecting the progress, and brief the Employer;
- Coordinate with the relevant local government authorities / agencies to minimize disruption to the works program, as required by the Contractor;
- Review and comment on the monthly progress reports submitted by the contractor;
- Issue orders to the Contractor to remove defects or improve any works that are not in accordance with the drawings and/or specifications;
- At the completion of the contract, in cooperation with the international consultant verify the contractor’s “as-built drawings”;
- Maintain records of all plant, labor and materials used in the construction of the works.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- University degree in construction engineering;
- At least 7 years of experience as a Construction Supervision Engineer, experience in international projects would be an asset;
- Proficiency in Tajik and Russian, knowledge of English is an advantage;
- Computer skills with experience using Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and AutoCAD);
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team.
Interested candidates must submit the following documents:
- Resume (CV) in Russian and English
- Letters of reference (would be an asset)
- Via email firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submitting applications is August 19, 2020 until 5pm. Only those candidates whose qualifications are considered suitable will be invited for an interview. Please note that applications sent after this date will not be taken into account.