Project: Water Resources Management in Pyanj River Basin (Additional Financing)
Start date: July 19, 2021
Closing date: August 02, 2021
Source of financing: Asian Development Bank (ADB)
Grants: G0576/G0577 –TAJ
The Republic of Tajikistan has received a Grant from the Asian Development Bank for the implementation of the “Water Resources Management in Pyanj River Basin” Project (Additional Financing). The project aims to improve irrigated agriculture and water resource management (WRM) in the Pyanj River Basin, in southern Tajikistan, and aims to improve the climate resilience of agriculture and the water resources sector. The project will support the modernization of the new Hydromet headquarters operation center including main office building, ancillary buildings, and two mixed-use buildings. Design and supervision services will be engaged for detailed design and system integration, preparation of bidding documents for the modernization of Hydromet’s new operations center. The project will modernize and fit out the currently unfinished office tower and Hydromet headquarters will be relocated to this secure and modernized building.
The Agency for Hydrometeorology of the Committee for Environmental Protection under the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan is the Executing Agency of the Project.
In order to implement the Project the Executing Agency announces a competition for the position:
Director of the Project Implementation Group
The Project Implementation Group Director will be in close coordination with the Executing Agency. The specific responsibilities of the Project Implementation Group Director include the following:
Duties and responsibilities:
- Draft annual work programs for each output, submit them to the Executing Agency for obtaining its agreement;
- Consult with the chief accountant to monitor budgetary expenditure, review disbursement requests, prepare the annual budget and submit these to the Executing Agency for obtaining its agreement;
- Ensure the hiring of suitably qualified staff to implement the all outputs in accordance with ADB requirements;
- Guide and collaborate with the relevant staff to monitor output implementation in accordance with the agreed work program;
- Attend, hold or participate in seminars, workshops, media events etc. to represent the project;
- Conduct site visits as required to monitor and correct implementation of the project;
- Develop and submit recommendations to the Executing Agency to resolve issues which arise in the course of project implementation;
- Manage all staff directly working on the project, including staff grievance procedures and make recommendations to the Executing Agency on hiring decisions;
- Coordinate with relevant key staff to maintain an overview of the day-to-day operations of the project;
10. Provide operational support to key staff members in the implementation of their responsibilities;
11. Draft a comprehensive project reporting system, submit it to the Executing Agency for agreement and implementation;
12. Coordinate implementation of project outputs with the relevant project related agencies;
13. Assist the Executing Agency to coordinate interaction with relevant ministries and agencies, as may be required;
14. Liaise with local government administrations participating in the project to ensure successful implementation of project activities;
15. (Draft project implementation reports and submit to the Executing Agency for agreement and distribution;
16. Liaise with ADB staff and supervision missions to ensure successful completion of missions and ongoing project monitoring;
17. Implement recommendations of ADB supervision missions and associated aide-memoires, as agreed by the Executing Agency.
- University degree in Management;
- At least 10 years of experience in a managerial position;
- Documents on periodic professional development;
- Proficiency in Tajik, Russian and English languages;
- Skills of personnel and work activity management, and control of execution.
Interested candidates must submit the following documents:
- Resume (CV) in Russian and English
- Letters of reference
Via email email@example.com
According to the results of the competition, the selected candidate, who received a high evaluation, is accepted for a job with a probation period. Incomplete packages of documents and not submitted in due time are not considered.