Project: Water Resources Management in Pyanj River Basin (Additional Financing)
Start date: January 15, 2021
Deadline for submission of documents: January 29, 2021, before 12 a.m., local time (GMT+5)
Source of financing: Asian Development Bank (ADB)
Grants: G0576/G0577 –TAJ
The Republic of Tajikistan has received a Grant from the Asian Development Bank for the implementation of the “Water Resources Management in Pyanj River Basin” Project (Additional Financing). The project aims to improve irrigated agriculture and water resource management (WRM) in the Pyanj River Basin, in southern Tajikistan, and aims to improve the climate resilience of agriculture and the water resources sector. The project will support the modernization of the new Hydromet headquarters operation center including main office building, ancillary buildings, and two mixed-use buildings. Design and supervision services will be engaged for detailed design and system integration, preparation of bidding documents for the modernization of Hydromet’s new operations center. The project will modernize and fit out the currently unfinished office tower and Hydromet headquarters will be relocated to this secure and modernized building.
The Agency for Hydrometeorology of the Committee for Environmental Protection under the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan is the Executing Agency of the Project.
In order to implement the Project the Executing Agency announces a competition for the position:
The Procurement Specialist will report to the Project Implementation Group Director and will work closely with the project team. The specific responsibilities of the Procurement Specialist includes, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of local legislation governing procurement and contracting procedures;
- Develop an Operational Manual covering the procurement policies, procedures and standard documents in order to minimize cost and ensure a scheduled procurement activities in line with the requirements of the Government and ADB;
- Maintain an information database on procurements of technical services, suppliers of equipment, ADB procurement guidelines, standard and model bidding documents, and other resources needed by staff in carrying out project components;
- Negotiate and prepare standard bidding packages and specifications, evaluate bids, contract awards, supervise implementation, issue invoices, inspect/test procured items, and make payments to suppliers/contractors;
- Establish a monitoring system within the procurement unit of the H-PIG for supervision of project procurement actions and coordinating necessary approvals or correcting shortcomings in procedures; and
- Communicate through the Project Director Information and/or documentation to the Government or ADB for their inspection, obtaining comments and/or for commencement of funding.
- University degree in Finance, Legal science, Management, Engineering, Economic, Procurement, etc.;
- At least 10 years of experience in the procurement of goods and services, especially the procurement of IT equipment mainly in ADB and WB projects;
- Experience with ADB procurement recommendations is encouraged;
- Proficiency in Tajik, Russian and English languages
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team.
Interested candidates must submit the following documents:
- Resume (CV) in Russian and English
- Letters of reference (would be an asset)
Via email firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submission of documents is January 29, 2021, before 12 a.m., local time (GMT +5). According to the results of the competition, the selected candidate, who received a high assessment, is hired for a probation period. Incomplete and not submitted packages of documents in due time are not considered.