Central Asia Hydromet Modernization Project
Project Coordination Unit
Component C (Tajikistan)
Request for Expression of Interest
Agency for Hydrometeorology under The Committee of Environmental Protection under the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan received an Additional Financing for the Central Asia Hydrometeorology Modernization Project (AF CAHMP), Grant D3620-TJ, and intends to use part of these funds for the services of the Assistant-Translator in Project Coordination Unit.
Agency for Hydrometeorology invites qualified candidates to submit their Curriculum Vitae and Letter of the Expression of Interest to take part for rendering above mentioned services.
• Higher education in linguistics or related fields;
• At least three years of experience in international development organizations or projects coordination and management units funded by international donors and organizations as a translator or project assistant;
• Strong professional written and oral knowledge of English, Tajik and Russian languages.
• Experience in the field of interpretation at meetings, receptions of foreign guests;
• Strong written and oral communication skills;
• Computer skills with well-developed skills in working with Microsoft Office applications;
Duties and responsibilities include but not limited by the following:
- Act as an interpreter on the meetings, receptions of foreign guests in PCU;
- Translate documents, reports, emails into Russian/English languages and keep copies of all correspondence in two languages;
- Act as secretary of the PCU reception fluent in English and Russian;
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports on the implementation of Component С of the Project including the final project report;
- Work and be responsible for implementation of trainings organization for the activities under Component С of the Project;
- Organize logistics of PCU staff, WB missions and international experts’ travels;
- Follows the process of activities implementation on training and timely inform PCU Manager;
- Participate in preparation of the reports on Project Implementation regarding training part;
- Hold negotiations with hosting parties on terms of training, trainees and trainers placement, provide support with travel tickets and visa, organize airport pick up/drop off;
- Gather all reports, the outputs of contracts on training and assure appliance of the established approval procedures of the work results;
Project Assistant-Translator will be selected in accordance with procedures specified in the World Bank Guidelines “Procurements under investment projects funds” (issued in July 2016, supplemented and revised in November 2017 and August 2018).
Interested candidates may receive additional information at the address below, during working hours (from 8.00 a.m. till 5.00 p.m.)
Letter of the Expression of Interest, Curriculum Vitae (in English and Russian languages), copy of diploma, letters of recommendations indicating the contacts of recommended shall be submitted to the address below, at or before 5.00 p.m. local time February 24, 2021.
Expression of Interests submitted after the deadline indicated above will not be considered.
Agency for Hydrometeorology
For the attention of: Dustzoda Dilovarsho, Director
735450, 47 Shevchenko str., Dushanbe, Republic of Tajikistan
Phone number: +992372215471
Web site: www.meteo.tj